News Archive

News Archive for May 2020

May 26, 2020

Artists Sustaining Artists

Transformer is proud to present Artists Sustaining Artists, an initiative intended to provide financial support to emerging artists negatively impacted by COVID-19. This initiative is being led by Transformer Board and staff, with artworks curated by Transformer Board Members Christopher Addison of Addison/Ripley, artist Sheldon Scott, and Transformer’s Executive & Artistic Director Victoria Reis.

Selected artists who are sustained in their careers have been invited to donate an artwork that will be sold to support their emerging peer artists. All sale proceeds will support Transformer and the emerging artists the organization serves. 70% of sale proceeds will be distributed to emerging artists in the form of unrestricted microgrants and artist honorariums. The remaining 30% of sale proceeds will go toward supporting Transformer operations.

The donated artworks will be displayed in the windows of Addison/Ripley Fine Art, located at 1670 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007, from June 1 - 12, 2020. 

The artists generously participating in Artists Sustaining Artists include:

Chris Baer
Julia Bloom
Thomas Bunnell
Zoe Charlton
Billy Colbert
Frank Day
Tim Doud
Carol Goldberg
Mira Hecht
Max Hirshfeld
Imar Hutchins
Dean Kessmann
Micheline Klagsbrun
Isabel Manalo
Tom Meyer
Chris Mills
Nan Montgomery
E. Brady Robinson
Jennifer Sakai
Sheldon Scott 
Luis Silva
Lou Stovall
Dan Treado
Julie Wolfe
Trevor Young

Transformer thanks all of these artists for their support!